Pouya Saraei (Persian: پویا سرایی) is an Iranian Composer and Arranger, conductor, lecturer, Critique, Researcher and Santour Instrumentalist. He started playing Santur from age of seven and some of his music Masters were: Javad Bathaie, Faramarz Payvar, Hossein Alizadeh, Pashang Kamkar, Dariush Talai,Mostafa Kamal Pourtorab,Dr.Hassan Riahi,Sharif Lotfi,Farid Omran, Majid Derakhshani, Mohammad-Reza Lotfi,etc.
He played Santour in the first track of the Modes album,composed by Karen Keyhani that was published by Navona Records.[better source needed][better source needed] Also he has played Santour in over 220 Albums and other musical projects with various composers and vocalists of Iran. Another Work was “In the name of the red rose” project (Concerts and Albums) with Dastan Ensemble,vocaled by Salar Aghili.[better source needed] He had several concerts in Europe Tour as a santur player in Simorq musical project, conducted by Hooman Khalatbari, vocaled by Homayoun Shajarian, and composed by Hamid Motebassem.
Also Saraei composed and arranged several works such as “Gahi,Segahi” album (vocaled by Mohammad Motamedi ) that is in the genre of Persian traditional music. His second album as a composer “In Sare Sodaei” was an Instrumental project with Pejman Hadadi.
Pouya Saraei has conducted Komitas State Conservatory In Yerevan.
He holds his PhD in art studies from Tehran University and now he is Professor and Maestro at Tehran University of Art, University of Tehran, and Islamic Azad University and teaches several courses such as: Santour, Sight Reading,History of music, Stage Performance, Orchestration, Organology, Analysis of music, Philosophy of Music and Music Theory at the levels of bachelors and master’s degree.
He is Scientific Editorial board in Mehregani Magazine and has written many articles and critic reviews,published and presented lectures at International and domestic conferences such as Iran’s Academy of Arts, Encyclopaedia Islamica,ISI,Journals and etc.
- Ey jane jan bi man maro Vocaled by Homayoun Shajarian
- In the Name of the Red Rose vocaled by Salar Aghili
- “As Far as Possible” on Modes (Soloist) Released by Navona Records
- Gahi segahi (Composer) vocaled by Mohammad Motamedi
- In Sare Sodaei (Composer) with Pejman Hadadi
- Aeene Farzanegi (Arranger and Composer) vocaled by Salar Aghili 
- Bahaare Delkash vocaled by Salar Aghili 
- Chakad e Honar (Arranger and Composer) vocaled by Ali Zand Vakili 
- Shamsozzoha (Arranger and Composer) vocaled by Hesamoddin Seraj 
- Janan (Composer) 
- Sarandaz (Rearrangement) composed by Parviz Meshkatian 
- Khayyam Recital composed by Peyman Soltani
- Dauntless (Arranger) vocaled by Mohammad Motamedi
- Hidden Found 
- Hafez (Composer) vocaled by Sadeq Sheikhzadeh 
- Shab-E Bi Setareh (Composer) vocaled by Ghaffar Zabeh 
- Chaharmezrabe Esfahan(Arranger) 
- The Legend of Your Face (Composer) 
- The Rain (Composer) 
- Moment (Composer) 
- Morgenstund (Schiller album) composed by Schiller (band) 
- Zaayandeh-Roud, Rhapsody for Symphonic Orchestra (Composer),Published by German Company,IDAGIO 
DASTAN Music Ensemble
Tehran University of Art
Graduated in Iranian Music Player
based in Tehran ,IRAN
Phone : +123 456 78900
johndoe [at] gmail.com